FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions on the Intensive Finnish Course

What is the Intensive Finnish course?
- Our course is a three week language course that takes place in the summer.

What is the Summer University of Jyväskylä?
- The Summer University of Jyväskylä organizes the Intensive course and many other courses supporting life-long learning all year. We are an independent organization and we are not part of the University of Jyväskylä.

Will I get a degree if I take part on the Intensive course?
- You will get a course diploma that proves you have taken part on the course and done a total of 80 hours of Finnish language studies, but you will not get a degree of any sort.

Can I continue my studies in the University of Jyväskylä after the Intensive course?
- We are not part of the University, so completing the Intensive course will not give you a right to continue studying in the University. You will have to apply via other channels.

Will I acquire a Finnish social security number if I take part on the Intensive course?
- Participation will not give you Finnish social security.

What about visas, immigration permits or residence permits?
- The Summer University does not handle questions on these issues. Please contact your country's embassy if you have such questions.

What is the policy with the course fee?
- We send out course invoices during the spring and the course fee must be paid before arriving at the course.