FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions on the Intensive Finnish Course

What is the Intensive Finnish course?
- Our course is a short language course that focuses on experiencing Finnish culture and improving communication.

What is the Summer University of Jyväskylä?
- The Summer University of Jyväskylä organizes the Intensive course and many other courses supporting life-long learning all year. We are an independent organization and we are not part of the University of Jyväskylä.

Will I get a degree if I take part on the Intensive course?
- You will get a course diploma that proves you have taken part on the course and done a total of 80 hours of Finnish language studies, but you will not get a degree of any sort.

Can I continue my studies at the University of Jyväskylä after the Intensive course?
- We are not part of the University, so completing the Intensive course will not give you a right to continue studying at the University.

Will I acquire a Finnish social security number if I take part on the Intensive course?
- Participation will not give you Finnish social security.

What about visas, immigration permits or residence permits?
- The Summer University does not handle questions on these issues. Please contact your country's embassy if you have such questions.

What is the policy with the course fee?
- After we have got your application, we will go it through and define your language skills level. If we get enough participants for your language level group, we will accept you to the course and send the invoice to you.