Jyväskylän kesäyliopisto


What is the Summer Intensive Finnish course?

- Our course is a short language course that takes place in the summer.

What is the Summer University of Jyväskylä?

- The Summer University of Jyväskylä organizes the Intensive course and many other courses supporting life-long learning all year. We are an independent organization and we are not part of the University of Jyväskylä.

Will I get a degree if I take part on the Intensive course?

- You will get a course diploma that proves you have taken part on the course and done a total of 80 hours of Finnish language studies, but you will not get a degree of any sort.

Can I continue my studies in the University of Jyväskylä after the Intensive course?

- We are not part of the University, so completing the Intensive course will not give you a right to continue studying in the University. You will have to apply via other channels.

Will I acquire a Finnish social security number if I take part on the Intensive course?

- Participation will not give you Finnish social security.

What about visas, immigration permits or residence permits?

- The Summer University does not handle questions on these issues. Please contact your country's embassy if you have such questions.

What is the policy with the course fee?

- We send out course invoices during the spring and the course fee must be paid before arriving to the course.


Takaisin etusivulle.


Jyväskylän kesäyliopisto

PL 35 
p. 044 760 3730

Jyväskylän yliopisto,
Agora -rakennus,agora
Mattilanniemi 2
(3. kerros, Ag B331.1)

Toimisto avoinna ma-pe
klo 9.00-15.00

Henkilökunta ja yhteystiedot